Skip to main content

Going Shank's Mare Might Be The Wisest Move, But, You Still Have To Watch Where You Step....

Feet.....necessary for walking, running, sprinting, standing, skipping, jumping, leaning, etc.

The most strained part of our bodies...what most of us use to get from one place to another, from one room to another. They are key in a person's pursuit of something, or vital in their flight from something else.

They carry our weight on a daily basis and by turning on heel or toe, can be used to get us out of trouble, or at least out of the way before trouble starts. But, what do you do if it's your feet that's getting you into trouble?

A boy in Port Orchard, Washington and a man in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, never expected their feet to get them in trouble--- though perhaps it was less what was on their feet and more what was missing from between their ears that put them is such predicaments.

Our Washington lad found himself suspended from the last part of school, all because of a challenge issued by his mother. He was certain that wearing high heels was no problem and that he would suffer no physical pains from wearing/walking in them all day. His mother wanted him to prove that his feet would suffer no ill-effects. He obliged, but decided to take it one step further-- adding a dress.

I personally see nothing wrong with his ensemble, it's tasteful and not overly revealing-- sadly, he looks better in a dress and heels than I do. But, his creative answer to his mother's challenge didn't earn him any points with his school officials, who promptly sent him home to reflect on his actions.... no word yet as to the results of his mother's challenge...

Our Florida bloke didn't fare so well as our young cross-dresser. Apparently, a gentleman was in the process of cleaning an infection  he had on one of his feet with rubbing alcohol, when the bottle spilled, soaking the sheets in alcohol. What happened next is unclear, even to the gentleman...but, somehow, the cigarette he was holding in his mouth ignited the alcohol on his sheets, causing a fire that burned so quickly and destructively, that the house is completely uninhabitable. Fortunately, no one was hurt. I'm still trying to work out how the cigarette in his mouth managed to ignite his sheets.....

Feet.... regularly mistreated, frequently neglected, often ignored---sometimes they exact their revenge in the strangest ways....

Comments

  1. the dress is pretty, but I'm not wild about the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would certainly avoid him at a nightclub. Recently I blogged about a guy who wore a skirt to school as a kind of protest and managed to get the rules changed. This guy looks kind of iffy, tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mshatch--- I agree with you about the shoes, I can barely walk in flat tennis shoes, if I tried those, I'd be flat on the ground...

    @David--- This guy is totally iffy! But, as I don't frequent the nightclub scene, even if he/she was there, I wouldn't be anywhere near him/her...! I do remember your post, your kid had more sense than mine, the boy in your post was actually trying to prove a point...this kid just wanted to show off :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I know what you mean e.a.s as I probably haven't been to a nightclub in two decades and always hated it if I went to one as I couldn't hear what anyone said.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z reflections....

Another A to Z challenge comes to an end--- another collection of posts and poetry have been written, another deep breath of relief is released. For my fellow bloggers that survived as well, it's another 'challenge-completed' notch carved into the writing desk. I've come to enjoy my yearly foray into the world of all things alphabetical. This was my third year, though it was only the second year I had a workable theme (which made the challenge substantially easier than the first year I attempted this challenge.) And, though my first year was difficult because my focus was so scattered, I found this year was more  difficult because I lost the enthusiasm that came with the first year excitement----excitement which helped me plug along until the end of the challenge. Year 3 was a success in the sense that I completed the challenge, though, this was the year that almost wasn't---- Somewhere about a third of the way through the challenge, I seriously considered...

B is for Banshee.....

Irish bean sidhe  and Scottish Gaelic bean sith , literally, woman of fairyland. The mythology and legend surrounding the Banshee is a bit mixed. The most readily accepted story is of a hag-like creature wailing the impending death of someone nearby-- most ancient Gaelic families, especially the more well-to-do families, had their own Banshees that attached themselves to the lineage of the family name. I suppose it was a sign of station for a family to be able to claim their own Banshee--- I mean, who needs an exciting/ tongue-wagging-inciting skeleton in your cupboard when you've got a Banshee wailing in your rafters? The origins of the more familiar Banshee may have stemmed from the ancient Keeners-- women who were employed to sing a lament at a funeral. The best Keeners were in high demand to "wail" and "weep" for the great personage who had fallen. The Great families would boast a bean sidhe  or bean sith--  a fairy-woman Keener--and having foresig...

A-Z Reflections, year 4....

A-Z blogging challenge for 2014 has come and gone, seemingly without my realizing it. And, though I fell behind once or twice toward the end, I finished this year's challenge right on time. Really, I can't believe it's already over. I feel like I just finished my post for letter A... Year 4, for this blogger, was a far cry from the tortured state of despondency that was most of  Year 3 -- I'll not mention the irony of this year's focus on death being easier to blog about than last year's foray into supernatural creatures, we'll leave that for my therapy sessions *ahem* As always, A-Z brought with it, not only 26 days of unbridled and far-reaching knowledge (disguised as entertaining and thought-provoking blog-posts), but a chance to connect with new faces while reconnecting with familiar faces--who had perhaps drifted away--from A-Z's past.  I am always amazed by the ingenuity and inspiration that comes from lumping a couple thousand folk...