Skip to main content

The dimmest of lights at the far end of eternity.......

The fifth day of Lent and it is the first day I haven't been crippled by blinding migraines. Yesterday's migraine was so bad that I wasn't sure what would happen first--- the splitting of my skull or the emptying of my belly.

The worst part of the ordeal, aside from the horrific migraines, was the pains didn't set in until several hours after I was up and about. I woke up fine, actually rested, then two hours later, out of the blue, my head would feel as if someone had planted a dull ax in the back of my brain-case.

It was discouraging, especially when I woke up feeling fine.

Today, I woke with no pain, as usual, and went to work. As the day passed, I kept expecting the migraine to settle in....but, it never did. I had a twinge at the base of my skull all day, the familiar twinge that has always been the preamble to my migraines, but the itching twinge was all I felt.

Maybe, (cross fingers, knock wood, toss salt and pray) just maybe, I have passed the worst of this Lenten torture. Maybe, just maybe, I have cleaned my system of the worst of my caffeine toxins....maybe, just maybe


Day 5:
cokes consumed: 0
sugars consumed: bread, apple

Comments

  1. Glad you're feeling better! I wouldn't wish a migraine on my worst enemy. I don't know what I would do without my morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They really are a royal 'pain', lol.... I've never been a coffee-drinker, but, I never realized just how much caffeine I was taking in with my daily soda six-pack...or eight-pack, depending on the day :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z reflections....

Another A to Z challenge comes to an end--- another collection of posts and poetry have been written, another deep breath of relief is released. For my fellow bloggers that survived as well, it's another 'challenge-completed' notch carved into the writing desk. I've come to enjoy my yearly foray into the world of all things alphabetical. This was my third year, though it was only the second year I had a workable theme (which made the challenge substantially easier than the first year I attempted this challenge.) And, though my first year was difficult because my focus was so scattered, I found this year was more  difficult because I lost the enthusiasm that came with the first year excitement----excitement which helped me plug along until the end of the challenge. Year 3 was a success in the sense that I completed the challenge, though, this was the year that almost wasn't---- Somewhere about a third of the way through the challenge, I seriously considered...

B is for Banshee.....

Irish bean sidhe  and Scottish Gaelic bean sith , literally, woman of fairyland. The mythology and legend surrounding the Banshee is a bit mixed. The most readily accepted story is of a hag-like creature wailing the impending death of someone nearby-- most ancient Gaelic families, especially the more well-to-do families, had their own Banshees that attached themselves to the lineage of the family name. I suppose it was a sign of station for a family to be able to claim their own Banshee--- I mean, who needs an exciting/ tongue-wagging-inciting skeleton in your cupboard when you've got a Banshee wailing in your rafters? The origins of the more familiar Banshee may have stemmed from the ancient Keeners-- women who were employed to sing a lament at a funeral. The best Keeners were in high demand to "wail" and "weep" for the great personage who had fallen. The Great families would boast a bean sidhe  or bean sith--  a fairy-woman Keener--and having foresig...

A-Z Reflections, year 4....

A-Z blogging challenge for 2014 has come and gone, seemingly without my realizing it. And, though I fell behind once or twice toward the end, I finished this year's challenge right on time. Really, I can't believe it's already over. I feel like I just finished my post for letter A... Year 4, for this blogger, was a far cry from the tortured state of despondency that was most of  Year 3 -- I'll not mention the irony of this year's focus on death being easier to blog about than last year's foray into supernatural creatures, we'll leave that for my therapy sessions *ahem* As always, A-Z brought with it, not only 26 days of unbridled and far-reaching knowledge (disguised as entertaining and thought-provoking blog-posts), but a chance to connect with new faces while reconnecting with familiar faces--who had perhaps drifted away--from A-Z's past.  I am always amazed by the ingenuity and inspiration that comes from lumping a couple thousand folk...