Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo Round 2

It is officially October...the planning month for the frenzied month of November. This is the time to finalize and tie up any loose strings or pressing obligations that might interfere with next month's all-important and all-consuming goal--- cranking out a novel in 30 days. It doesn't seem possible that a whole year has passed since my first venture into NaNoWriMo.

I, unfortunately, must admit defeat for the month of April. Script Frenzy came and went with barely a whisper of words captured. But, I must not dwell on this lest it mar my chances at winning my second year NaNovel.

Last year's NaNovel --- Lost in the In-Between --- stands at 57,000 words and a triumph for me at hitting the 50,000-word mark by day 20. Unless things change in the near future, this year's book will probably be a sequel to Daniel's first experience in the In-Between.

Possible ideas---
- Nightmares have taken over, now that the Dream Recycler has been destroyed
- Daniel still has no dream for himself---Walter's disappearance after the release of his dream wind is still a mystery---maybe one to be solved for this story or a later story
- Explanation of how Jigsaw was able to "control" the dream sequence to pass the message to Daniel's brother.
- What happens to Walter's companions after he disappears


We'll just have to see what happens. For now, though, a chance to revisit the In-Between feels a welcome change to current events. Hope this year's NaNoWriMo is as thrilling an adventure as last year's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z reflections....

Another A to Z challenge comes to an end--- another collection of posts and poetry have been written, another deep breath of relief is released. For my fellow bloggers that survived as well, it's another 'challenge-completed' notch carved into the writing desk. I've come to enjoy my yearly foray into the world of all things alphabetical. This was my third year, though it was only the second year I had a workable theme (which made the challenge substantially easier than the first year I attempted this challenge.) And, though my first year was difficult because my focus was so scattered, I found this year was more  difficult because I lost the enthusiasm that came with the first year excitement----excitement which helped me plug along until the end of the challenge. Year 3 was a success in the sense that I completed the challenge, though, this was the year that almost wasn't---- Somewhere about a third of the way through the challenge, I seriously considered...

B is for Banshee.....

Irish bean sidhe  and Scottish Gaelic bean sith , literally, woman of fairyland. The mythology and legend surrounding the Banshee is a bit mixed. The most readily accepted story is of a hag-like creature wailing the impending death of someone nearby-- most ancient Gaelic families, especially the more well-to-do families, had their own Banshees that attached themselves to the lineage of the family name. I suppose it was a sign of station for a family to be able to claim their own Banshee--- I mean, who needs an exciting/ tongue-wagging-inciting skeleton in your cupboard when you've got a Banshee wailing in your rafters? The origins of the more familiar Banshee may have stemmed from the ancient Keeners-- women who were employed to sing a lament at a funeral. The best Keeners were in high demand to "wail" and "weep" for the great personage who had fallen. The Great families would boast a bean sidhe  or bean sith--  a fairy-woman Keener--and having foresig...

A-Z Reflections, year 4....

A-Z blogging challenge for 2014 has come and gone, seemingly without my realizing it. And, though I fell behind once or twice toward the end, I finished this year's challenge right on time. Really, I can't believe it's already over. I feel like I just finished my post for letter A... Year 4, for this blogger, was a far cry from the tortured state of despondency that was most of  Year 3 -- I'll not mention the irony of this year's focus on death being easier to blog about than last year's foray into supernatural creatures, we'll leave that for my therapy sessions *ahem* As always, A-Z brought with it, not only 26 days of unbridled and far-reaching knowledge (disguised as entertaining and thought-provoking blog-posts), but a chance to connect with new faces while reconnecting with familiar faces--who had perhaps drifted away--from A-Z's past.  I am always amazed by the ingenuity and inspiration that comes from lumping a couple thousand folk...