Skip to main content

UGH!!!

Okay, so Christmas is definitely here....at least in the retail world. When shoppers are this cranky and this obsessed with what they're getting, it's definitely obvious that Christmas has arrived :( I've never understood why a season that is meant to bring out only the good feelings in people really brings out the worst in consumers. Don't people realize that Christmas isn't about obsessing over presents? That it's okay to not get the absolute perfect gift for someone? The person they're struggling so hard to shop for would probably prefer just to spend time with them, the gift is completely superfluous.

Unfortunately, the attitudes of shoppers are very draining as anyone who's ever worked retail during the holidays can attest to. It makes it difficult to get excited about anything. And any energy that I might have had to focus on any writing projects has already been completely expended.

So, very little progress has been made on "Soul Sifters". And even less progress has been made toward my other goals this month :( It had been my plan to finish editing "Proverbs of Ashes" and "Lost in the In-Between" so that I could send them off for submission at the first of the year. It had also been my plan to finish outlining "Soul Sifters" so that I could officially start writing it at the first of the year. But, so far, I've only half-outlined "Soul Sifters" and only half-read "Proverbs". The effort to do anything other than sleep is too exhausting.

But, I'm still hopeful....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z reflections....

Another A to Z challenge comes to an end--- another collection of posts and poetry have been written, another deep breath of relief is released. For my fellow bloggers that survived as well, it's another 'challenge-completed' notch carved into the writing desk. I've come to enjoy my yearly foray into the world of all things alphabetical. This was my third year, though it was only the second year I had a workable theme (which made the challenge substantially easier than the first year I attempted this challenge.) And, though my first year was difficult because my focus was so scattered, I found this year was more  difficult because I lost the enthusiasm that came with the first year excitement----excitement which helped me plug along until the end of the challenge. Year 3 was a success in the sense that I completed the challenge, though, this was the year that almost wasn't---- Somewhere about a third of the way through the challenge, I seriously considered...

B is for Banshee.....

Irish bean sidhe  and Scottish Gaelic bean sith , literally, woman of fairyland. The mythology and legend surrounding the Banshee is a bit mixed. The most readily accepted story is of a hag-like creature wailing the impending death of someone nearby-- most ancient Gaelic families, especially the more well-to-do families, had their own Banshees that attached themselves to the lineage of the family name. I suppose it was a sign of station for a family to be able to claim their own Banshee--- I mean, who needs an exciting/ tongue-wagging-inciting skeleton in your cupboard when you've got a Banshee wailing in your rafters? The origins of the more familiar Banshee may have stemmed from the ancient Keeners-- women who were employed to sing a lament at a funeral. The best Keeners were in high demand to "wail" and "weep" for the great personage who had fallen. The Great families would boast a bean sidhe  or bean sith--  a fairy-woman Keener--and having foresig...

A-Z Reflections, year 4....

A-Z blogging challenge for 2014 has come and gone, seemingly without my realizing it. And, though I fell behind once or twice toward the end, I finished this year's challenge right on time. Really, I can't believe it's already over. I feel like I just finished my post for letter A... Year 4, for this blogger, was a far cry from the tortured state of despondency that was most of  Year 3 -- I'll not mention the irony of this year's focus on death being easier to blog about than last year's foray into supernatural creatures, we'll leave that for my therapy sessions *ahem* As always, A-Z brought with it, not only 26 days of unbridled and far-reaching knowledge (disguised as entertaining and thought-provoking blog-posts), but a chance to connect with new faces while reconnecting with familiar faces--who had perhaps drifted away--from A-Z's past.  I am always amazed by the ingenuity and inspiration that comes from lumping a couple thousand folk...